Saturday, June 21, 2008

Unmask the Mysteries... of Creating a "Designer Mask"...


This "Tribal Mask" was created for the "Unmask the Mysteries Masquerade Gala" which will "will benefit the AIDS Coalition Silicon Valley and 9 AIDS service and prevention agencies in Santa Clara County. Come for an evening of unique entertainment, foods, wines, and masks in the theme of Carnival in Brazil!"
It's my first attempt at a "designer mask", which is actually pretty fun...
"I fought the feathers and I... won!"

3 Hours of Research
7 Hours of Construction
30 Minutes of Transportation
$30 in materials
(Incl: gold, feathers, jewel, twine, shell "glitter", & acrylic paint)

I had no idea the theme was "carnivale" so, this might not be the most event-appropriate mask, but I still thought it was cool...
I'll be going down to "volunteer" tonight but I'm pretty sure I'll come back with loads of inspiration from the body art by MAC (!!!), food by the Fairmont Hotel and the freakin cool Velocity Circus (contortionists).

I feel like this was a really cool opportunity! Masks are not something I would normally make... so THANK YOU CHARLIE!!!

No comments: