Tuesday, March 4, 2008

"I can't get no... satisfaction"

“Creatures are not born with desires unless satisfaction for those desires exists. A baby feels hunger: well, there is such a thing as food. A duckling wants to swim: well, there is such a thing as water…If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world. If none of my earthly pleasures satisfy it, that does not prove that the universe is a fraud. Probably, earthly pleasures were never meant to satisfy it, but only arouse it, to suggest the real thing.”
--C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

... So, what are your desires?

2 comments:

Charlie said...

I like CS Lewis, and I like your new blog title.
Want a banner?

won tong said...

Hi I'm Charlie's aunt and I'm visiting for the first time.... I love your blog it's incrediable.I love C.S. Lewis have your read The Joyful Christian"? I love the chaps Intercourse in the afterlife....and Christmas vs. X-Mas I hope to visit your blog again your very gifted.