Friday, June 1, 2007

You are NOT a TV.

I woke up thinking about THIS...
We are not entertainment for one another.
I think in a TV culture we forget that rather quickly.
We meet up with people expecting them to entertain us, or, to entertain them rather than engage in genuine community.
To engage in the present moment means you're going to get dirty. Love is messy. Love is even sometimes BORING! (::gasp::)
So what do we do with that? How do we genuinely say, "Hi, brother/sister/PERSON! I am hear to love you. I am here to LISTEN. But don't feel pressured to entertain me."
I think it starts with embracing the silence in a room and the lulls in conversations instead of running away from them.
I think it really starts by looking them in the eye rather than spacing out.
I think it really REALLY means we start re-imagining how we perceive the word "entertainment" and finding the balance between authenticity, without the burden of overdoing it and delving into an intensity that is too hard to maintain.
I think that when we truly love each other, moment by moment, we will find joy.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

hey. i have small blog as well. smile and sunshine for u my darling.