Saturday, June 23, 2007

I Miss: *

The bats under the eaves
Busily keeping the night in motion.
(I'M ALIVE!)
The cats meowing at my door
To cuddle and purr and scratch.
(LET ME IN!)
The dancing fires licking the air
Feeding my soul, my heart, my mind
(I CREATE!)
The crawling fluffy moss roof
So safe, yellow green, so safe!
(PROTECT ME!)
The song, the dance of the creek
Always feeding, nurturing, helping.
(I'M HEALING!)
The turtle, the toad on the rock
Lying lazy in the sun.
(I AM NOT ALONE!)
The tall daisies, the little purple flowers
Lining the wild grasses.
(YOU CANNON CONTAIN ME!)
The trees, Oh God, THE TREES!
Oh ancient new, you hold much wisdom!
(HELP ME GROW!)

*You cannot tie what I love with a bow; What I miss is wild.

1 comment:

Raquel said...

this touches my soul so deeply, thank you.