Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Spinning

Tonight, my head is spinning...



Closer to my heart's desire

And further from MY plans.



I DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!



But thank you just the same...

Replacing the cynic,

standing on her head so long

she doesn't know which way is up,



Or down...



...mostly down.



With a hope that cuts my heart open and spills it on the floor

for all to see

in a sleepy starbucks

(A caffeinated, comatose called consumerism)

I heard the 5 best stories of my life

and I wonder if I am alive.



I DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!



You heard my heart?!?

All along? You listened?



You LISTENED?!?



Break dancers alongside 4 piece string quartets?

Graffiti next to the hand smeared portrait of you?



YOU LET US BACK IN!?!



When did you start loving artists again?

Even I was beginning to lose faith...



Stop it! You're rescuing me?



I hope if you crush my heart, it's still safe.

I hope if I hear you sing, I can still shout and scream!



I hope you hold me-and hold me-and hold me...



(I can't breathe.)



I hope I'm not a mediocre disappointment...

I hope I remember how to praise you.

It's the only thing I wanted all along...

No comments: