Friday, January 25, 2008

Somedays I wish I was a Centenarian

I talked to Mom.
She said don't swear because it's not ladylike.

She said she feels the same way I do
Even though she doesn't-
I'm still going through a quarter life crisis;
She's going through a mid-lifer.


Mine's all about identity, truth & striving.
Her's is about men & menopause & a second shot at life.
My life has yet to begin.


Mine's all about jobs & marriage-
Who am I going to be?
What do I want to accomplish?
Who do I want to share life with?

Her's is about-
Where did I get lost?
What did I want to do and didn't?
Why did I marry those bastards?

She said life is hard for everyone.
She said its short and not to take it seriously.
I said,
"I know.
I'm fully ready to check out
& get on with the good stuff".


She said:
1) Smile
2) Read a Book
3) Listen to Music
4) Watch a Movie


I said, "That's escaping".
She said that I laugh and have fun.
I said, "That's escaping too".


She said I have good days & bad days.
She said today's bad, but I'll have a good one soon.


I said, "thanks for encouraging me",
Because I don't want her to give up on me & stop calling.

For some reason, that scares me more.

No comments: